Insurance Sales Agent
Company: Acceptance Insurance
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Are you looking for a retail sales position that offers great earnings potential without the late night and Sunday hours? Want to find a team atmosphere where you can grow as an individual as well?
If you enjoy working with the public, are sales oriented, outgoing, professional, detail-oriented and looking for a career opportunity then Acceptance has an opportunity for you.
Acceptance Insurance has an immediate opening for a Retail Sales Agent at our 3416 State Road 38 East Suite B Lafayette, IN 47905.
Overview of a Retail Sales Agent:
The Insurance Sales Agent is responsible for successfully executing the sales process and regularly engages sales building activities that drive the overall revenue of the Agency. This position shares the responsibility with the Managing Agent for the sale of insurance products and handling customer contacts received either by telephone, email, mail, fax or face-to-face in the retail location. The team member will process quality customer applications, endorsements, payments, and related customer inquiries. The team member will also perform marketing activity outside the office to increase sales.
Benefits of a Retail Sales Agent:
- Guaranteed Based Pay
- Annual Achievement Incentive Bonus
- Monthly Add-On Incentive Bonus
Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm
Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impact the lives of our customers.
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
We are principally a retailer, servicer and underwriter of non-standard personal automobile insurance based in Nashville, Tennessee. Our insurance operations actively generate revenues from selling non-standard personal automobile insurance policies and related products in 15 states. We currently conduct our servicing and underwriting operations in 13 states and are licensed as an insurer in 13 additional states.
Acceptance Insurance leased and operated 349 retail locations and a call center staffed with employee-agents. Our employee agents primarily sell non-standard personal automobile insurance products underwritten by us, as well as certain commissionable ancillary products. In most states, our employee-agents also sell a complementary insurance product providing personal property and liability coverage for renters underwritten by us. In addition, retail locations in some markets offer non-standard personal automobile insurance serviced and underwritten by other third-party insurance carriers for which we receive a commission. In addition to our retail locations, we are able to complete the entire sales process over the phone via our call center or through the internet via our consumer-based website or mobile platform. On a limited basis, we also sell our products through selected retail locations operated by independent agents.
Visit us at www.acceptanceinsurance.com
Acceptance Auto Insurance: Employment Application
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Responsibilities of a Retail Sales Agent
- Assess the customer needs and advise clients on insurance coverage and personal protection options following Acceptance's G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Provide quality quotations, pricing, and required information to new prospects and completes the sales process for each customer per company policy and procedure.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all products, pricing, and policy features available for sale.
- Complete and maintain training for all products offered by Acceptance (i.e. auto, roadside, hospital indemnity, motorcycle, commercial and home/renters, etc.) and other insurance companies for which they are appointed,
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners around the community and perform outside marketing activities to drive new customers.
- Prepare quotations on customer change requests to their current policies.
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
- Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to leadership regarding local competition and service needs.
- Conduct daily customer payment reminder calls.
- Follow-up routinely with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling lapsed policy and policy renewal customers.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Take / receive customer payments in office and over the phone.
- Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to; all time worked, reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required.
- Scan and send required documents daily.
- Assist in the daily cleaning/maintenance of the location according to Acceptance standards of operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Above average communication skills in order to represent the company in a professional manner and communicate effectively with potential customers.
- Preference towards taking charge of a situation, takes initiative, are persuasive and can influence a positive outcome.
- Are confident of their own abilities.
- Proven ability to manage personal emotions and avoid negative responses to frustrations and annoyances.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
- Skill and ability to use and operate a keyboard, computer, fax machine, scanner and copier.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- An insurance license is required to work in this position. Acceptance Insurance pays 100% of the cost to obtain your license upon joining the company. The successful candidate must possess the ability to obtain and retain a Property & Casualty insurance license.
Qualifications of a Retail Sales Agent:
- Six months or more of prior experience in a sales related field, required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance
- P&C and/or Life license required
Keywords: Acceptance Insurance, Lafayette , Insurance Sales Agent, Sales , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!