Company: Huston Electric
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Job Description Surveyor/ MEP trimble operator, you shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter, be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely manner and show above average competency in the areas listed below.The candidate shall be able to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple, simultaneous surveying projects with minimal errors. Construction layout will be a component of this position.Responsibilities include:
- Operates survey instruments, conducts basic field adjustments, maintains neat and orderly field notes, utilizes hand-held data collectors/computerized software and performs research required to complete surveys and staking as directed.
- Frequently uses CADD system to draft/calculate detailed topographic, right-of-way, boundary and ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey drawings such as those needed for highway plans, site/land development, municipal improvement projects, and water control projects.
- Working outdoors in different weather conditions/environments performing field work, completing topographic surveys, boundary surveys and/or construction layout.Qualifications include:
- College degree in land surveying, civil engineering or construction management or a minimum of 1 year of practical experience performing similar work will be considered.
- Current Survey in Training (SIT) certification or the ability to obtain certification within two years of employment is preferred.
- MEP Trimble operations
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/GEOPAK software.
- Proficiency in Trimble Business Center software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to competently read civil, architectural, and structural drawings, including complex details, and successfully interpret for construction layout.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients, contractors, engineers, and surveyors.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.Huston Electric offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401-K Retirement and Pension Plan.Huston Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify Employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Job Type: Full-timeExperience:
- Land Surveying: 1 year (Preferred)Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)License:
- SIT (Preferred)Work authorization:
- United States (Required) Company DescriptionHuston is a full service electrical contractor that offers a wide array of services to fit your growing business needs. We have divisions that specialize in home and office automation (Control 4,and Smart Interactive White Boards), Visual Communications and Signage, NEC Phone System integration and generators & compressors. We also own and operate Huston Eight38 Graphics which specialize in graphic design... logo creation, branding, large format printing and vehicle wraps. Huston was founded in 1939 and continues to operate its business in Indiana with physical locations in Kokomo, Lafayette, West Lafayette, and Indianapolis (Westfield). Our electricians, IT specialists, sign technicians, automation professionals, home theater specialists and graphic designers travel thoughout the state of Indiana helping companies and individuals.Serving Lafayette Indiana, West Lafayette Indiana, Kokomo Indiana, Westfield Indiana and Indianapolis Indiana. Huston provides and services signs, graphics, electrical, phone systems, telecommunication services, smart boards, control 4 home automation, generators and compressors.
Keywords: Huston Electric, Lafayette , Surveyor Estimator, Professions , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!