Posted on: November 20, 2023
Arconic is seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our Aluminum
Extrusion (AEX) business unit in Lafayette, IN.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of
integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility,
results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and
others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with
ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a
constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who
value the people they work with just as much as the work they
Profile: The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for
capital improvements and assisting with production uptime.
Essential Functions: The Mechanical Technician within AEX requires
technical and interpersonal skills essential to teamwork. Major
duties include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with production and maintenance to upgrade
- Performing repairs.
- Installing new machinery.
- Supporting day-to-day operations by acting as a resource for
skilled trades and contracted services.
General duties for the Mechanical Technican include but are not
- Providing technical assistance to production/maintenance
personal during both planned and unplanned equipment service
interruptions, including after-hours or weekends.
- Applying root cause problem solving (troubleshooting)
techniques to find and eliminate sources of recurring equipment
failures through creative, cost-effective solutions.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation (drawings,
preventative maintenance procedures, start-up/shutdown procedures,
etc.) for new and existing processes and procedures in the assigned
- Observing and supporting plant safety goals and
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar capacity and
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position requires access to controlled technology, as
defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. -730,
et seq.) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). Qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen, lawful
permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by
8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or be eligible to obtain the required
authorizations from the relevant government agency. Business
demands may require employer to proceed with candidates who are
immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Keywords: Arconic, Lafayette , Mechanical Technician, Professions , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!