Emergency Medical Technician
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that
the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed.
Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation,
has an opening for an Emergency Medical Technician. As an Emergency
Medical Technician at Concentra, you will learn and grow, making a
positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care.
Working one-on-one with patients as a health care provider, you
will deliver routine medical care and monitor the flow of patients.
Just as critical, we will look to you to mentor and encourage your
team members to succeed.
The experience you will gain in this role is limitless, as are the
career opportunities within Concentra.
* Attends emergency medical requests as they arise, and renders
advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured
patients as required.
* Performs initial assessment and first aid management of illness
or injury to patients in accordance with specified protocol and
* Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport,
ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations,
protocol, and procedure.
* Provides direct patient care as required in each individual
* Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of lower level
techs and/or students, as specifically assigned.
* Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
* Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and
compliance with safety and infection control regulations and
* Completes and transfers patient care information and records as
per established procedures.
* Conduct alcohol and urine drug screening for new hires and
employees as directed and needed. Procedures for these must be in
accordance with federal law and established procedures.
* TB skin testing, flu injections, Hep B vaccinations depending on
licensing State Statues.
* Conduct CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
* Coordinate hearing conservation program as required.
* Track and file Hazard Assessments as required.
* Assist with OSHA Recordkeeping (300 Log).
* Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
*JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:*
* 12 months experience in job related field.
* Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
* Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information needed
to treat injuries.
* Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
* Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information
to supervisors, peers and customers.
* Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
* Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical
* Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or
*WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:*
* Clinic Environment
* Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer,including
Keywords: Concentra, Lafayette , Emergency Medical Technician, Professions , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!