Electrical Power Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 17, 2022
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the
design, installation, operation, and maintenance of plant’s low and
medium voltage power distribution systems. In this newly
created hybrid role you can work from your home office regularly
and the plant when needed for installations, upgrades, meetings,
This role will support multiple company facilities and will require
about 20% travel.
- Responsible for the design, installation, operations, and
maintenance of plant electrical distribution from 24V up to
- Capex development, support, and management including field
construction of multiple projects.
- Develop, maintain, and execute 5 year capital plan for power
sustaining and improvement projects.
- Manage electrical technical specifications, standards, and
- Serve as plant electrical safety and subject matter
- Manage overall electrical contractor deployment and work
- Low and medium voltage preventative maintenance planning and
- Develop the electrical technical skills of others outside the
- Direct planned major plant outage of electrical systems and
- Cooperatively work with engineering teams to plan, develop,
support, and implement capital and sustaining projects to improve
safety, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce environmental
impacts, and increase capacity.
- Provide emergency support for the plant’s 24/7/365
- Bachelors degree in Power or Electrical Engineering and 5+
years experience OR 15+ years industrial electrical experience in
lieu of degree.
- Distribution system protection including relay programming and
- Ability to understand and implement layers of reliability and
predictive maintenance testing such as transformer oil testing,
infrared scans, ultrasound, etc.
- Familiarity with co-generation, performance and
- Motor control system design and installation.
- Experienced in applicable codes and standards relating to
industrial electrical control hardware and software (NFPA 70E, NEC
70, IEC, UL Listing etc..)
- Experience with supporting and/or managing large capital
projects that require installation/integration of electrical
- Positive, interactive engagement at all organizational
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Effective teacher and mentor for non-electrical staff.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution and
power loading in industrial controls systems.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to take ownership of the
electrical systems without supervision from site
Keywords: Job Juncture, Lafayette , Electrical Power Engineer, Professions , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!