Company: Gaylor, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
GAYLOR ELECTRIC OUR VISION The HIGHEST PERFORMING NATIONAL
CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, delivering on our Cornerstone of Reliable
Resources, Outcomes, and Insights; dedicated to innovation,
quality, and our genuine care for people. OUR VALUES Integrity >
Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork >
Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
OUR PROMISE GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being
& future of its employees! WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
Responsibilities SCOPE OF WORK:
- Equipment Adds, Moves, and Changes-requires the ability to
execute complex equipment installation, modifications, and
- Design and physically install CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6, 6e, and 6A
structured cabling distribution systems
- Installation of telecommunication outlets, cable, fire
stopping, and pre-termination
- Install and terminate both multi-mode and single-mode
- Installs, identifies and terminates various types of cable and
wire in various locations, including coax, data and power cables
including understanding of industry standard color code.
- Test, turn-up and troubleshoot all equipment installed.
- Perform new and retro-fit Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic
and Paging cabling installations.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards;
including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Proficient with the proper use of trade hand and power
- Demonstrated understanding of electronics and telephony
- Ability to install, test, modify, and repair a wide range of
- Adept at using test equipment in the testing and
troubleshooting of circuits and equipment.
- Proficient with the installation racking and framing
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of fiber-optic, coax and
network cable, and telecommunications/electronic installation
- Understanding of current telecom industry installation
procedures. (ie. Telecordia, BICSI or equivalent)
Qualifications WHAT YOU OFFER
- EDUCATION: High school graduate, holder of G.E.D., or
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years or equivalent experience lead technician
with voice/data, fiber optic cabling CCTV installations, T-1,
D-Marc extensions, Cat 5, Cat 6, Cat 6a & Ethernet.
Installation knowledge of fiber optic cabling, terminations and
testing. BICSI Certification highly preferred GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC.
is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for
employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE AA
Keywords: Gaylor, Inc., Lafayette , Systems Technician, Professions , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!