Posted on: June 10, 2019
Job Summary?Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC,
refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production
equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most
efficient operating results and life expectancy. Assures that
equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner
and?down time?is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary
repairs keeping records of past operating experiences. Performs
inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior
areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing
systems, lighting, etc.? Strong areas. Strong focus on operating,
maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on
all HVAC/R systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate
technical expertise in HVAC and refrigeration and be?multi
skilled?in electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Material Handling
Equipment and others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly
work assignments.Area of Responsibility
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work
orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed
systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC/R systems and associated
equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems,
building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and
production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment,
and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence
efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory
client occupancy and operations.
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good
housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety
hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance?to?State, County, or City Ordinances,
Codes, or Laws.
- Must complete all required safety?trainings?as scheduled
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver?s
- Submit P-card Receipts Daily
- Update work order status in real time
- Utilize CMMS systems such as Corrigo for all work
- Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.Knowledge, Skills &
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Preferred:? 3rd Party Certification
- Years of relevant experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all
aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the
technical aspects of HVAC/R, plumbing, electrical, production
equipment repair and maintenance.? Knowledge of overall system
design and applications.
- Other abilities
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- HVAC technicians must have a Universal CFC recovery
certification (or within 90 days of employment)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and
- Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in
electrical systems,?refrigeration?and HVAC
- Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Physical Work Requirements:
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Working from heights.
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme
- ?Driving for long periods of time.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a
tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.Must be available for Call-in
work and perform other duties as required.JLL Privacy StatementWhen
you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to
those visits, without you actively sending that information. This
information may include, for example, the internet browser you are
using, your access device?s operating system, the language in which
that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet
Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website,
the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links
you click on.For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy
Statement or our career site pages for each country.For employees
in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.--
Keywords: JLL, Lafayette , Mobile Engineer, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!