Parts Associate - Indian Motorcycle of Lafayette
Company: Tom Wood
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Indian Motorcycle of Lafayette, a Tom Wood company, is seeking a
Parts Associate to join the team!
ABOUT TOM WOOD
The Tom Wood Group is proud to be family-owned and locally operated
for over 50 years. Since our start in 1967, the Tom Wood Group has
grown outside of automotive to include many franchises with
locations throughout the Midwest and New Zealand. The Tom Wood
Group is a collection of vibrant, growing businesses and we remain
passionately committed to our 1,000+ team members, our loyal
guests, and the communities that we serve. The Tom Wood Group Core
Values of being Humbly Confident and Passionately Driven with a
Sincere Desire to Help Others with Uncompromising Integrity are an
essential part of who we are and how we run our businesses.
As a member of the Tom Wood Group, you'll not only have a solid
career foundation, but you will also receive the benefits
associated with a large corporation. These benefits include paid
time off, paid vacation and holidays, health, vision, dental, life,
and short-term disability insurance, and company-matching 401(k).
We also provide paid company training, have an employee assistance
program, tuition reimbursement, and great opportunities for future
advancement. Salary range and compensation are based on applicable
skills and experience.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with
customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Handle customer complaints tactfully, promptly, and with
concern for the customer.
- Ensure that all necessary shop equipment is in proper and safe
- Assist all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required
parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Inform customers of companion part requirements and specials,
and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other
- Pull and fill orders from stock. Maintain stock inventory and
notify the proper individuals about out-of-stock parts or materials
that need immediate attention.
- Issue and track ordered parts and notify the proper individuals
that the parts have arrived.
- Properly label all parts being used for repairs.
- Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Make sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service
- Ensure that all charge sales are signed by the customer and
that they receive their invoice.
- Issue credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original
invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing
can be verified.
- Keep orderly records of all invoices and special order parts.
Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicit assigned accounts by phone.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Powersports/Motorcycle experience preferred
- 2 years of experience with Parts
- Valid Driver License with clean record
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a
background screening including a criminal background check, a
review of motor vehicle record, verification of social security
number, and passing a drug test at a certified testing facility.
Tom Wood Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Tom Wood, Lafayette , Parts Associate - Indian Motorcycle of Lafayette, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!