Company: Bilfinger Inc.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This position will permanently join metal parts, such as pipe or
metal plates as specified by layout, blueprints, work orders,
welding procedures or oral instructions -through the application of
heat or electric arc-welding equipment. - This is accomplished by
performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. -
-Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Safety is a priority, employee must understand construction
risks and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding,
applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal
machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Welds components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for
- Sets up equipment and welds parts using arc, gas shielding arc,
automatic wire feed, or gas welding equipment.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping,
and reassembling parts using cutting torch and hand tools.
- Operates cutting equipment including torches and various power
and hand tools.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying
knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Removes slag and rough spots with a portable grinder, file, or
- Welds pipe and pipe assembly components of all kinds, sizes,
and alloys, such as carbon steel and stainless steel using GTAW
(TIG) and SMAW (Stick Rod) welding procedures.
- Inspects and maintains gas equipment, including changing
gauges, repairing hoses, etc.
- Disconnects, removes, replaces, and connects oxygen and
- Works with different types and sizes of materials.
- Must be able to TIG and stick weld on stainless and/or carbon
(pipe size and material welded varies per site).
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to
plan layout and procedures.
- Load, transport, and unload tools, equipment, and
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and
work pieces during assembly.
- Perform minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as requested. -Basic Qualifications: -
- Minimum 3-5 -years of experience in welding carbon and
- Must pass weld test as determined per site requirements.
- Must be proficient in reading blueprint and isometric
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Must wear PPE in designated areas.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements
listed below in harsh and/or stressful conditions. - -Physical
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with arms and use tools above/over the
- Ability to perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to stand (for extended periods of time), walk, stoop,
kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to sit, balance and climb ladders, scaffolds, and other
- Ability to carry tools.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift in all weather and
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks. - -Powered by
Keywords: Bilfinger Inc., Lafayette , Welder Foreman, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...