Welder (Single Hand)
Company: Bilfinger Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
This position will permanently join metal parts, such as pipe or
metal plates as specified by layout, blueprints, work orders,
welding procedures or oral instructions through the application of
heat or electric arc-welding equipment. This is accomplished by
performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is a priority, employee must understand construction
risks and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding,
applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal
machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Welds components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for
- Sets up equipment and welds parts using arc, gas shielding arc,
automatic wire feed, or gas welding equipment.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping,
and reassembling parts using cutting torch and hand tools.
- Operates cutting equipment including torches and various power
and hand tools.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying
knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Removes slag and rough spots with a portable grinder, file, or
- Welds pipe and pipe assembly components of all kinds, sizes,
and alloys, such as carbon steel and stainless steel using GTAW
(TIG) and SMAW (Stick Rod) welding procedures.
- Inspects and maintains gas equipment, including changing
gauges, repairing hoses, etc.
- Disconnects, removes, replaces, and connects oxygen and
- Works with different types and sizes of materials.
- Must be able to TIG and stick weld on stainless and/or carbon
(pipe size and material welded varies per site).
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to
plan layout and procedures.
- Load, transport, and unload tools, equipment, and
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and
work pieces during assembly.
- Perform minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in welding carbon and
- Must pass weld test as determined per site
- Must be proficient in reading blueprint and isometric
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Must wear PPE in designated areas.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements
listed below in harsh and/or stressful conditions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with arms and use tools above/over the
- Ability to perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to stand (for extended periods of time), walk, stoop,
kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to sit, balance and climb ladders, scaffolds, and other
- Ability to carry tools.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift in all weather and
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
Keywords: Bilfinger Inc., Lafayette , Welder (Single Hand), Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!