Transmission Work Planner
Company: Utilities Service, LLC
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We are currently seeking a Transmission Work Planner to join our
team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys
working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a
rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management
with ECI.During these uncertain times, you can take pride in
knowing you are an essential employee . Our team members work
independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC
recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to
COVID-19.Some of the most important characteristics of ECI
Transmission Work Planner is that you are open-minded and able to
engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are
accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while
providing quality and value to our customers and clients.WHAT WE
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home &
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1
for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry
certifications.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Inspect and assess customer properties for trimming or removals
- Identify, communicate, plan, and audit Ash Trees and other
- Secure clear rights-of-way for new electric line and pole
- Handle customer complaints related to scheduled
trimming/removals and/or completed trimming/removals, including
clean up and property damage.
- Record, organize, and document associated vegetation work for
later trimming and removal by a tree crew.
- Provide identified access routes onto and in ROW.
- May be asked to provide high level cost and time estimates
based on planned work.
- Audit tree contractors work for compliance with utilitys
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors,
landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.WHAT YOU
NEED TO HAVE:
- Ability to read maps and identify tree species.
- Must be able to identify required removal and trimming work
based off utility specifications.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather
conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills,
strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show
attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Forestry, Environmental
Science or related field is plus, but not required.
- Prior UVM and utility experience on transmissions ROW.
- Familiarity with vegetation removal, utility line clearance,
and utility vegetation methods and equipment.
- Prior experience with GIS technology/software a plus.
- Certified ISA Arborist a plus.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN
ECI FORESTER:Working EnvironmentWork alone in an outdoor field
environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote
locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and
travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various
surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep
terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and
all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to
hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if
available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential job functions.PhysicalThe team member must
have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field
environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and
operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to
frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach,
twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in
the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush);
carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight,
frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
(sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to
verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability
to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate
assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range
finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.Company
OverviewEnvironmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of
vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility
industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety
of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural
resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture,
nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture,
parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more.
For more information visit our website
www.eci-consulting.comApplicants must pass a pre-employment drug
test and a criminal background check.All candidates must possess a
valid driver's license and have a good driving record.ECI is an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA :
Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Keywords: Utilities Service, LLC, Lafayette , Transmission Work Planner, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!