Qualified Medication Aide (QMA)
Company: Clinton House Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Now Offering OnDemand Pay Coming Soon!We are proud to announce
that on 01/01/2022 our facility will be offering OnDemand pay! Work
today and get paid tomorrow with access up to 25% of your earnings.
Eligible on your first day of work giving you the flexibility to
spend your money when needed with NO penalties.SUMMARY: The primary
responsibility of the Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) is to provide
care for the residents under the direction of the nursing and
medical staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Administers and documents medications given by following
specifically written physicians orders, including oral, topical,
and suppository medications, as well as eye and ear drops.
- Compliance - Participates in all in-service programs to expand
and develop abilities. Maintains compliance to all personnel
policies, established community policies and procedures, and
Federal and State regulations and standards, including but not
limited to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality laws. Understands and
implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and
evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual
- Performs various treatments not requiring license nurse
(hot/cold applications, vital signs, weights, etc.) Uses procedure
manual to verify correct techniques and practices standard
- Observes, records, and reports observations such as unexpected
and untoward effects from medications.
- Takes vital signs as needed prior to administration of certain
- Provides direct resident care. Functions as a CNA when not
assigned to administer medications.
- Develops and maintains courteous and professional relationships
with residents, visitors, and co-workers.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- QMA Certificate in good standing on file with the appropriate
Department of Health and current CNA Certificate.
- One year experience in long-term care setting desired.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or
move up to 100 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Clinton House Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Lafayette , Qualified Medication Aide (QMA), Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!