Senior Product Development Chemist
Company: Rea Magnet Wire
Posted on: January 9, 2022
SENIOR PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST
Rea Magnet Wire Company, Inc. is one of the world's largest
manufacturers of magnet and nonferrous wire products. Rea produces
copper, aluminum and brass-insulated magnet wire and bare wire used
in the manufacture of motors, transformers and coils.
The Senior Production Development Chemist designs and develops
products to support Rea's critical initiatives. Leads and manages
insulation system technology innovations and improvements. The
primary focus is solvent-based coatings. Supports operations by
working with interdisciplinary teams to continuously improve Rea's
insulation system sourcing and application.
- Designs, develops, leads, and manages new or improved
insulation systems and other product development projects to
support critical initiatives ensuring projects are completed on
time and within budget. Performs a variety of complex tasks and
projects utilizing project management tools and techniques.
- Supports operations with continuous improvement in insulation
system sourcing and application. Works with operations on
insulation system make-up, storage, distribution, and process.
- Provides guidance and input to operations on insulation system
costs and bill of materials.
- Coordinates the generation of sample orders required for
insulation system and product development.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with key raw insulating
material suppliers to promote improvements in products and
- Supports Sales and Marketing in developing and introducing
unique new products to ensure continued business growth. Provides
technical writing assistance to Sales and Marketing for Rea product
- Performs testing, analysis of results and report generation
function for Rea customers, internal and external. Is a key
resource in a variety of magnet wire concepts, testing procedures,
test equipment, and practices.
- Demonstrates improvements using appropriate statistical tools
and generates technical reports and white papers for internal and
- Supports other projects as necessary.QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Organic Chemistry, with master's
degree strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing Six Sigma data analysis and
- Six Sigma greenbelt certification preferred.
- Ten (10) years of organic chemistry experience in
manufacturing, production, quality, or R&D
- Knowledge of product development practices (APQP).
- Knowledge of magnet wire products and applications
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Travel 10-20%
Keywords: Rea Magnet Wire, Lafayette , Senior Product Development Chemist, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!