Company: Horizon Bank
Posted on: January 8, 2022
A Teller provides customers with proficient and accurate
transaction processing. Maintains a strong customer focus to
strengthen relationships to retain present customers and develop
new business by providing Exceptional Service and Sensible Advice.
Tellers preferably have more than 1 year of experience in payment
processing and professional sales experience in a service-oriented
Represent the Bank to the customer in a courteous, professional
manner in face-to-face, drive through and telephone communications.
Provide timely, efficient, and accurate service in processing
transactions in accordance with all regulations, policies and
procedures. Working knowledge of bank processes, products and
services as well as banking regulations including Bank Secrecy Act
(BSA). Develop and enhance customer relationships to identify cross
selling and referral opportunities. Actively protect
confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate
Horizon Bank's commitment to the communities in which we serve
through active involvement in local organizations and events.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking
accounts, verify deposit amounts, examine checks for endorsement
and negotiability, and enter transactions into Bank records.
- Report suspicious transactions or unusual occurrences to
- Process withdrawal requests, review documents for proper
signatures, verify identity of customer and enter transactions into
- Receive payments for loans, ensuring that payments equal the
amount due and that all charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Issue financial instruments, such as traveler' checks,
cashier's checks, etc. in accordance with Bank procedures.
- Update customer account information. Recommend bank products
and services to meet customer's changing needs.
- Educate customers on digital banking services (mobile checking
deposit, online bill pay, etc.) and encourage electronic banking
- Responsible for balancing the day's transactions according to
standard procedures, and auditing and investigating end of day
balancing discrepancies until
- Apply risk assessment skills to all customer requests. Use risk
management tools such as identification procedures, check holds,
and Decision Making Guide. Participate in monthly risk assessment
testing as required.
- Perform all work in compliance with established regulations,
policies, and established procedures.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by
- Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, risk management and
security training as required for the position and apply knowledge
- May be trained as vault teller responsible for management of
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prior sales or banking
experience preferred with 2 years of experience as a Bank Teller,
or the equivalent combination of banking, payment processing and
professional sales experience in a service-oriented
- Ability to present a professional image and communicate with
public, co-workers, management, customers and others in a
courteous, positive and professional
- Ability to read, process, understand and apply written training
material content to daily activity.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of
procedures requiring sound
- Requires concentration to avoid mistakes in counting
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using
various business machines and/or computers.
- Must have proficient typing and computer
- Active Listening
- Relationship Building
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Management
- Customer Focus
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Physical Demands:
Percentage of Time:
Communicate with customers, advisors and managers regarding banking
transactions and issues. Able to exchange accurate information with
Able to verify authenticity of financial instruments, forms,
documents and signatures. Able to verify identity of customers,
vendors and service providers. Able to observe actions of others to
ensure safety and security of the facility.
Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as
calculator, copy machine, printer and telephone.
Able to remain in upright stationary position at counter height of
approximately 48" for long periods of time.
Able to grasp, move and sort forms and papers.
Regularly move about the branch to access file cabinets, storage
drawers and various office equipment such as cash counters and
Occasionally position self to reach heights between floor and
Horizon Bank is a proud EOE-F-Vets-Disabled Employer.
Job Reference: HRN00712
Keywords: Horizon Bank, Lafayette , Teller (Float), Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!