Quality Assurance Manager-Sagamore
Company: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC
Posted on: October 12, 2021
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and manage Quality
Assurance programs, QC Lab, and all activities that ensure
compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government
regulations, and industry best practices including cGMP and
Preventive Controls. The QA Manager will integrate quality
assurance and quality control into all functions and people.
- Lead and manage Plant QA team including plant lab technicians
for all site labs.
- Maintain Quality and Food Safety programs including
prerequisite programs, ensuring compliance with national and
international standards and legislation and ensure that all new
regulations (e.g. FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented in
- Responsible for facilitating GFSI audits and corrective
- Responsible for maintaining company licenses such as ANVISA and
- Responsible for leading the Quality Journey to Excellence for
- Manage Food Safety Plans (FSP), Food Defence Plans (FDP) and
preventive controls assessments. Compose and edit FSP/ Preventive
Controls plans and strategies for new products. Manage FSMA
- Maintain plant document library for all Food Safety and Quality
documents (i.e. product formulas, FSP, plant food safety policies,
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement efforts
from a departmental perspective.
- Establish internal manufacturing specifications, standards,
protocols and procedures, as needed
- Develop and execute training programs that support Tate &
Lyle's objectives with regard to quality and food safety
- Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support
the food safety and quality programs listed above
- Ensure labs comply with all Global and Plant safety
- Ensure timely investigation and associated corrective actions
of all plant related customer quality complaints, process
deviations related to food safety & OOS material
- Ensure full visibility/transparency of all critical and major
quality incidents, providing effective root cause analysis and
subsequent solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitate and assist the plant and area managers on
troubleshooting, problem resolution, and CAPA programs as
- Manage the plant's lab group fiscal year budget
- Review all plant project requests for capital expenditure to
ensure that the project will adhere to all quality and food safety
- Participate in all Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews to ensure
quality, safety, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Perform monthly review of all quality KPI's.
- Review all Management of Change requests (PLM, QMM) for the
plant related to product quality, safety and legality.
- Accurately execute activities linked to SAP (handling of
expired materials, batch comments after SLIM run, disposition
- Serve as the Quality liaison with ICD on new product
- Lead all customer and certifying body audits and facilitate
corrective actions, as needed, to ensure compliance to all
- Assist with the development of and manage the plant's water
monitoring and environmental monitoring programs
- Maintain plant and lab’s CAPEX, analytical equipment and ensure
compliance with group methods.
- Maintain regular communications with direct reports and ensure
a high level of support and engagement within team.
- Other tasks as arranged by line manager.
Key Behaviors for Quality Assurance:
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from
customers, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business
community in a professional, customer focused manner.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects concurrently
with an ability to discern prioritize work accordingly (high vs.
low; value added vs. non-value added)
- Ability to work with a high degree of integrity and respect for
our products and people
- A working knowledge of computers and business software such as
and Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SAP is required.
- Purpose driven (Improving lives for generations)
- Foster a dynamic culture based on partnership, agility and
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Food Science, Microbiology,
food process, chemistry or comparable required; 5+ years of related
Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing plant
- 2 to 3 years’ experience as a people manager
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the strength of an inclusive workforce.
Keywords: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC, Lafayette , Quality Assurance Manager-Sagamore, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!