Staff Process Engineer
Company: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC
Posted on: September 14, 2021
This position ensures the organization, planning, direction, and
control of process & technical changes/ improvements and technical
documentation for a production unit.
A staff process engineer's job responsibilities
include research of product development and product design of
the manufacturing process. They must be able to solve
problems as they arise and evaluate the engineering process for
safety compliance and environmental regulations.
Competencies, Skills and experience required
The incumbent will
- Ensure systems are in place to track key process parameters and
- Develop projects to improve safety, reduce costs, improve
quality, reduce environmental impacts and increase throughput and
will take the lead in implementing these changes.
- Manage both small-scale and large-scale projects from
conception through start-up including writing MOC’s, SOP’s,
start-up planning/scheduling, and training.
- Monitor the performance of the area on a daily basis to ensure
the process is in control, operating in a safe manner, and
operating within established control limits.
- Be the primary technical support resource for the chemical
operators. The incumbent will communicate with the chemical
operators on a daily basis to effectively understand current
process issues/concerns, communicate plans to address issues, and
provide both ongoing and project related technical training.
- Gain knowledge of, and participate in, the resolution of
- Gain knowledge of the major maintenance cost drivers in an area
and address these issues.
- BS Degree Chemical Engineering.- The successful candidate will
possess an engineering degree in chemical, agricultural process
engineering or mechanical engineering. While a G.P.A. of 3.0
or better is preferred, strong academic performance in core
technical courses is most important.
- 3 to 8 years in manufacturing process showing growth in
- In addition to the requirements of a Level 1 Production
Engineer, entry to this position is based on additional experience
and professional competence. The Process Coordinator position
will provide an opportunity to demonstrate management and
leadership skills as well as a level of technical knowledge in an
Safety accountabilities – EHS Critical Role Level 2
Protecting our people and the environment is
foundational to our business
Each team member is expected to support the Tate & Lyle culture
where Environment, Health and Safety are the overriding values in
all activities. Every team member is accountable for working safely
and complying with all EHS policies, procedures and regulations
relevant to their work and is expected to speak up and intervene to
prevent unsafe conditions and to respect fellow workers and the
communities in which we work. Included in this is abidance
with our Life Saving Principles (LSPs) and our STOP WORK AUTHORITY
which are developed to strengthen our workplace safety, prevent
serious injury or loss of life.
Level 2 – Key Role
- Drive EHS Excellence Culture and Improvements in Area of
- Focus on EHS Systems, Policies & Procedures and their effects
on day to day operations
- Audit and Review EHS effectiveness in area
All employees are responsible for:
- Compliance with procedures that implement the requirements of
the EHS policies and procedures
- Being responsible for their own actions
- Carrying out their work in a manner which does not present a
risk to themselves, others and the environment
- Reporting all incidents, defects, hazards and inadequacies of
procedures so that appropriate review and corrective action can be
- Suggesting improvements and being active in the general
improvement of all systems and methods of work to ensure EHS
Support’s activities and services are carried out in a safe,
environmentally responsible, reliable and cost effective
- Other duties as assigned
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and all data privacy and laws in the
jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect
the following categories of personal information for the purpose of
hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable
employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and
work availability; Social Security Number and/or other
identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
the strength of an inclusive workforce.
Keywords: 1101 Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC, Lafayette , Staff Process Engineer, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!