What is a Line Owner?
A Line Owner, previously known as a Machine Operator, runs
machines to produce ice cream novelties for shipping and retail
sale for external customers. These machines run products such as:
ice cream cones, popsicles, fudge bars, ice cream bars, doggie
sundaes, and ice cream sandwiches!
This is a 2nd shift role: the hours are 3:00 PM - 12:00
What are the responsibilities of a Line
- Start-up and/or shutdown of novelty operations
- Control adjustments
- Change wrap, lids, sticks, fills and other packaging
- Adjust various coding and tape machines
- Operate carton packing machine
- Monitor temperature, various gauges and quality of final
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
What are the Essential Skills and
experience needed to be a Line Owner?
- Ability to monitor several operations at a time
- Hand and wrist movement to grasp, hold and pack
- Time management
- Strong team player: ability to demonstrate various production
- Communication skills: ability to communicate with production
packers and other plant personnel
- The ability to work weekends is
- Line Owner/Machine Operator experience is not required but
What is the work environment for a
Line Owner at Ice Cream Specialties?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to work at various speeds. The noise level in the work
environment can be extremely loud. While the decibel is not high
enough to require hearing protection, it is offered. The production
floor is room temperature (you won't be working in the freezer
What are the physical demands of the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to be able to work standing over 9+ hour shift. Must be
able to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and must be able to work under
these conditions every day. This job requires frequent lifting of
supplies and raw materials up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This
position requires good corrected hearing.