If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain
Services in the World!
The Safety Manager is
responsible to manage all activities associated with the efficient
operation of accounts. This includes P&L responsibility,
ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and
safety. We are seeking someone who is able to drive best practices
and innovation, route design and implementation, and willing and
able to communicate well with all levels of leadership.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings
Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and
performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as
we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a
World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for
over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide
creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed
our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and
a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an
opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align
with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration
and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part
of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and
professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the
Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY
The Manager Logistics is responsible to manage all activities
associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes
P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance,
employee relations and safety.
The following skills are required to successfully perform this
EDUCATION – BS degree in Business or Logistics
preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience in transportation management, with at
least one of those leading and guiding safety standards
- HOS knowledge and ability to train others.
- Can communicate well with all personnel
- Above Average skillset in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to Create/Implement Individual Performance Management &
Employee Relations Plan
- Team Development & Leadership Skills
- Experience in CMV safety knowledge and ability to teach on
- State and Federal DOT regulation knowledge and ability to teach
- OSHA regulation knowledge and ability to train others.
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize
effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel & Word required)
Travel: 20-25% regional travel
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R26697
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.