Posted on: June 6, 2021
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape
industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we
solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly,
drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and
cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these
products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success
and shareholder value.
Arconic Aluminum Extrusion serves the global aerospace and
automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest
quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of forgings and
extrusions. Our vertically integrated capabilities and deep
materials science expertise in aluminum and titanium structural
casting is taking the industry to new heights. AEX is a business
unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Arconic is seeking an EHS Professional to join our Aluminum
Extrusion (AEX) business unit in Lafayette, IN.
Profile: The primary purpose of this role is to support
Lafayette Operations and provide leadership for the implementation
of EHS processes, programs, and initiatives as well as safety
support for the Lafayette Arconic facility.
Essential Functions: The EHS Professional within AEX requires
technical and interpersonal skills essential to teamwork. Major
duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the safety management system progresses to a
state of sustainable compliance with all regulatory and Arconic
- Enhancing the work force's understanding of safety risks and
- Providing safety support to the site organization and
General duties for the EHS Professional include but are not
- Developing and sustaining systems to drive compliance, fatality
prevention, injury reduction, and environmental performance.
- Coaching and providing mentorship to departmental leadership in
the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
- Providing technical expertise in new equipment/facilities
development by actively participating in Project Environmental
Safety Health reviews, audits, and internal self-assessments.
- Analyzing of data and reports necessary for corrective /
preventive actions and identification of gaps.
- Assisting with development and implementation of EHS policy and
procedures of Arconic and the business unit with focus on
prevention and risk reduction.
- Taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with applicable
legislation, the location's EHS policy and Arconic Standards.
- Developing and conducting EHS-related training sessions.
- Participating actively in investigation of EHS incidents to
assist in identifying root cause and provides recommendations to
- Providing daily safety floor support for process and personnel
to assist in deployment of best practices, identification and
control of hazards.
- Supporting efforts to sustain compliance in complex production
and R&D environments by assuring programs within the safety
management system meets or exceed federal and Arconic
- Supporting the regulatory requirements and Arconic initiatives
that may impact current or production as well as anticipated
- Assisting the management team with identification and
investigation of safety issues/incidents and development of root
cause solutions to drive continuous improvement of departmental
- Interfacing with various organizations and groups within and
outside of Arconic.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
- A minimum of 1 year of EHS experience or 1-2 EHS related
internships in a manufacturing environment with a focus on
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green
Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Working knowledge of industrial foundry technology
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based or Human Performance Safety
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to forge strong, trusting,
- Results driven self-starter
- Good communicator with experience delivering EHS Training
- Sound coaching, mentoring, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and effectively implement
EHS programs, policies, and procedures
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Experience performing accident/injury investigations
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience utilizing root
- Experience in molten metal safety
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, and recommend
Keywords: Arconic, Lafayette , EHS Professional, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!