Posted on: September 9, 2020
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is
one of North Americas largest wire and cable producers. Southwire
and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable,
metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire
products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies
assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition
reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven
decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our
determination to developing innovative systems and solutions,
exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of
our communities. How will you power whats possible?
Location: Lafayette, IN
Shift: 7PM - 7AM Rotating Swing Schedule
Our Machine Operators are responsible for performing set-ups,
operating machinery, identifying acceptable or unacceptable product
quality according to customer requirements. We are seeking a highly
motivated, career focused Machine Operators that are going to be
dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an
industry leader, join our team!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Read and comprehend production SOPs (Standard Operating
- Set up equipment and ensure production materials are
- Operate the machines and observe them during production. If
problems are detected, stop the process and make minor repairs or
refer major problems to production leadership and/or
- Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors and managers to
achieve productivity and location goals.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and report potentially unsafe
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive
and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities,
as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to
heat/cold conditions and levels of noise, and potential exposure to
various industrial liquids, oils, gases, and etc.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds with or without reasonable
- Adhere to quality service standards and comply with procedures,
rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work a flexible/rotating work schedule,
including weekends, holidays, and overtime (covering all shift
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Helath, Life, Dental,
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Plans
- Retirement and Pension Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Advancment and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- and More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire, Lafayette , Machine Operator, Other , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!