Mental Health Professional - Putnamville Correctional Facility
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Wexford of Indiana, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford has consistently delivered proven
staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health,
pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims
processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford has an exceptional opportunity for a Mental Health
Professional to join our team of healthcare professionals at
Putnamville Correctional Facility in Greencastle, Indiana.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION
The Mental Health Professional is a member of the
multi-disciplinary treatment team and provides clinically
appropriate services under the clinical direction of a
Psychologist. The Mental Health Professional will provide mental
health screenings and assessments, clinical watches, treatment
groups and individual sessions, as well as other clinically related
- Provide clinical services, including screening, assessment,
treatment planning and crisis intervention serving an adult
- Performs individual and group therapeutic counseling.
- Performs administrative consultations for specialized social
services as determined by the specific needs of the
- Perform specific psychiatric social service work in the
Medical/Mental Health Unit of a Correctional Facility.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives
of programs and projects. May direct special projects as
- Experience working effectively with a multi-disciplinary
treatment team, providing clinical supervision, performing
consultation and teaching others.
- Provides the necessary preparation of documentation, necessary
records and reports.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies,
procedures, and IDOC policies when recommended and/or
- Participates in mandatory as well as elective educational
activities as well as orientation of new staff, and inmate
- Attends weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate
infection control practices.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration
of clinical factors.
- Receives individual and group supervision by a licensed
- Completes case management responsibilities as required.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal audit preparation and review process as
directed by the Regional Mental Health Director.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary
team for transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade
changes when requested.
- Participates in all mental health watches and log entries as
directed. The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for
payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which
includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional
staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be
encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and
indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: Fully licensed, temporary licensed or associate license
in the State of Indiana in accordance with Indiana Code 25-23.6-8.5
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) requirements, or as a
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with license awarded by the
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or
- At least two (2) years prior clinical experience working with
- Familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical
assessments, procedures and methods.
- Familiarity with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most
recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual. OTHER PREFERRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed,
individualized treatment plans.
- Able to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and
modify treatment plans. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health, Lafayette , Mental Health Professional - Putnamville Correctional Facility, Healthcare , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!