Company: MedExpress Urgent Care
Posted on: July 13, 2019
General Position Summary:The Medical Scribe is a role in the
MedExpress center that reports to the Center Manager and will work
under the direction of the Supervising Practitioner and support
their documentation of patient information into the Electronic
Medical Record (EMR). Duties are to be performed in compliance with
state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of
medical practice. They will be responsible for ensuring the
well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive
environment for patients and other staff while working in
conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office
and clinical staff. They will be responsible for skills, knowledge
and medical terminology of the Medical Assistant.MedExpress Core
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer
feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing
tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms
of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.Major
Responsibilities:Medical Scribe (90%):
- Perform provider documentation of patient information as
dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all
established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation
- Demonstrated skill in documenting and maintaining patient care
records in a complete and thorough manner.
- Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policies and
procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Follows established medical record requirements.
- Completes all documentation Real Time and within the same date
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for
review and sign off.
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of
the provider.Patient Care (5%):
- Primary patient care responsibilities - As directed by Center
- Assists patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Completes provider orders per clinical functions by position.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based
documentation for all clinical assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new
types of procedures, etc. Center Readiness and Maintenance (3%) -
As directed by the Center Manager:
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection,
and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (ie
OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment
according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
appropriate records.Learning and Ongoing Education (2%):
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures,
following policy and procedure guidelines.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain and update knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Maintain knowledge of EMR.Working Relationships:
- Center Managers, Area Managers, Area Manager of Clinical
Operations, Medical Operations, and Provider Scheduler.
- Center staffed based team-members including providers and
- Administrative personnel in Operations and Medical
Keywords: MedExpress Urgent Care, Lafayette , Medical Scribe, Healthcare , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!