Company: Meridian Health Services
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Activities Therapist - River Bend Hospital - West Lafayette **Sign
On Bonus** Want to make a difference in someone's life? Join the
Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35
years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in
"whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social
well-being. Meridian Health Services at River Bend Hospital is
currently seeking a full-time Activities Therapist for our
Inpatient Program located in West Lafayette, Indiana. This is a
great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others. **SIGN
ON BONUS UP TO $2000** Key Responsibilities:
- Provides assessment, treatment formulation, and treatment
- Provides individual activity therapy appropriate to client's
- Provides small or large group treatment interventions that are
specific to individual treatment plans.
- Plans appropriate and reasonable treatment interventions to
meet the needs of the client.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Participates in team meetings, staff meetings, and discipline
- Works with assigned supervisor in collaborative manner.
- Possesses good time management skills, including the ability to
structure time, prioritize activities, and be self-motivated.
- Works effectively with staff of other agencies and with
- Teaches, trains, and supervises students and new staff as
- Conduct appropriate and timely assessment and documentation of
clients' needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses, leisure
history, and leisure patterns.
- Applies quality improvement data, new treatment interventions,
and research to improve client services.
- Maintains continuing education requirements necessary for
certification and upgrading knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or supervisor
in the assigned program.
- Demonstrates competency and ability to lead and/or facilitate
programs that may be oriented toward socialization, leisure skills
development, values clarification, meditation, coping skills,
community reintegration, and other therapeutic recreation (or
related field) intervention techniques.
- Design written materials, reports, proposals, and general
publicity appropriate to job tasks or advocacy.
- Demonstrates counseling skills adequate to client's functional
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of mental illnesses, substance
abuse, developmental needs, and age appropriate competencies.
- Uses equipment safely and appropriately in activities (exercise
equipment, crafts, game equipment, office machines, etc.)
- Demonstrates basic skills with word processing and computer
- Demonstrates ability to apply appropriate recreation therapy
(or related field) principles and techniques to clientele worked
with; includes age-appropriate and diagnosis-appropriate
assessment, interventions, and outcomes.
- Demonstrates cost-effectiveness in purchasing and use of
- Case Management Services - evaluation, preparation, and
implementation of case management plans
- Monitor client case needs, assess current needs and strengths,
link client to additional resources.
- Interview, counsel, and provide resolution for clients in
crisis situation involving social, emotional, financial, marital,
health, or other problems.
- Provide Case Coordination services with client, all collateral
representatives, and client treatment team.
- Maintain working relationships and act as a liaison for client
with medical staff and staff of agencies and institutions, homes,
- Encourage and assist clients toward independent living and a
sense of self-esteem
- Prepare and maintain written case records, reports and forms,
including case follow-up and closing
- Maintain productivity standards as assigned.
- Maintain Meridian Health Services standards, policies,
procedures, and regulations in accordance with local, state and
federal laws and with ethical standards of profession. We are
seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Education or Training in Activities Therapy
- Experience with behavioral health patients is preferred
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First
Aid is also preferable Meridian Health Services provides the
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization Drug screen, extensive
background check, and fingerprinting are required. Meridian Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also
participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Meridian Health Services, Lafayette , Activities Therapist, Healthcare , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!