Company: KemperSports, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Located in beautiful Southern Indiana and within 25 minutes of
downtown Louisville, KY, Covered Bridge Golf Club and Champions
Pointe Golf Club are two 18-hole Daily Fee golf courses within 15
minutes of each other.
Designed by local legend Fuzzy Zoeller and Architect Clyde Johnson,
they are challenging but designed to be fun to play and enjoyed by
all golfers. Both have Bentgrass greens, and the tees and fairways
are Zoyzia. The Clubs are located within fast-growing, upscale
communities and host golf, golf outings, weddings, meetings, and
A high-profile "out-front" leadership position responsible for
managing two multi-million-dollar businesses owned by KemperSports.
Accountable for both facilities' overall operational and financial
performance, the General Manager develops and implements fiscal,
operational, and business development plans and strategies and
establishes and administers operational standards emphasizing
quality performance guidelines for all system operating functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The businesses are expected to grow, and driving that growth is
a critical duty of this position. Personal selling and a
growth-minded approach are essential for success.
- Assure the Clubs are "on-brand" and execute those standards
- Direct, coordinate, and monitor the development of each Club's
annual business plan and operating/capital budgets. Make necessary
adjustments and approve the final version for submission to senior
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget
goals and objectives. Analyze budget variances develop and
implement action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity
efficiencies vs. budgeted standards. Develop and implement action
plans to attain appropriate adjustments.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions
relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within
and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help
ensure coordination of activities between departments. Communicate
tactfully and persuasively with employees and customers as
applicable. Interface directly with department management when
- Lead weekly Department Head Staff Meetings and Monthly
Departmental One-on-One meetings.
- Provide appropriate leadership according to the Company's True
Service and True Leadership culture and mission statement to
promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate
management staff to assist with their skill development and help
ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate
departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies &
- Oversee and manage employment activities, including but not
limited to personnel performance evaluations, training, recruitment
and selection, compensation, discipline, termination, etc., to
ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and
- Continually assess the quality of customer service activities
in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their
implementation towards achieving increased customer service
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients,
Champions Pointe Developer, municipal officials, and community
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry
developments through continuous attention to golf industry
periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required
operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
- College degree preferred.
- PGA Class A Professional preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory, and/or management
experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in budget development,
fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle
multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work
flexible hours as required, including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all
Direct Reports - Director of Golf (1), Food and Beverage Directors
(2), Golf Course Superintendents (2), Marketing Manager (1).
Indirect Reports - the Clubs have approximately 200-250
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: KemperSports, Inc., Lafayette , General Manager, Executive , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!