Company: Wabash National Trailer Centers
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Indiana - Indianapolis, Indiana - Frankfort, Illinois - Chicago,
Ohio - Columbus, Ohio - Dayton/Princeton, Tennessee - Nashville,
Tennessee - Memphis, Illinois - Springfield
The Operations Manager has the responsibility to manage the
operational and fiscal activities of the shop floor operation.
Plans and develops systems to improve the operating quality and
efficiency of the operation. Leads staff in accordance with company
policies and procedures. Coaches and develops his/her staff and
Must be able to handle a wide range of roles and responsibilities
across different functions of the operation. Must be able to make
good decisions on working with various aspects of all operations,
including materials, maintenance, and quality. Must be able to
communicate with internal sales and external customers.
WE ARE LEADERS. WE ARE INNOVATORS.
WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute
your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing
how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member,
empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that
jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status,
genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a
team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash. We
look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our
organization and make it the best it can be -- for our employees,
our customers and our community.
Direct Reports: Yes - 3 Supervisors and 1 Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all operational activities within the assigned
area or facilities
* Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the quality
and efficiency of the assigned area of responsibility
* Analyzes and documents business processes and problems
(continuous improvement). Uses Lean manufacturing principles to
develop solutions to reduce or optimize operational cost.
* Supervises staff in accordance with company policies and
* Participates in the hiring and orientation of new staff
* Establishes internal goals & metrics as well as meeting those
provided in the assigned area of responsibility
* Assists in the development of and work within budgets that
support the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
* Coaches and develops team
* Effectively and professionally communicates with all areas within
the company as well as the customer base
* Schedules and conducts department meetings
* Provides all business reporting in a timely manner as
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree; Majors Desired:
Business, Business Management or Engineering
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
* 5-8 years of progressive leadership experience in manufacturing
operations is required (Experience in the trailer industry a
* Computer proficiency in all Windows based software
* Working understanding of SAP
* Knowledge of quality, logistics systems and inventory management
Understand business unit goals and metrics
* Must possess the ability to effectively lead the group through
* Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
prioritize based on business needs
* Safety conscious, goal oriented, results driven
* Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication
* Strong experience in implementing/managing a Lean Manufacturing
environment, working knowledge of other industry best practices in
process improvement such as Six Sigma and other manufacturing
skills and applications
* Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have the ability to work and participate effectively in a
* Conduct yourself professionally in an office environment
Keywords: Wabash National Trailer Centers, Lafayette , Manager, Operations, Executive , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!