Group Director - Analytical Chemistry
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Excellent Benefits! 401k Match! Bonuses & more
This Jobot Job is hosted by Juan Correa
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $150,000 - $200,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are an FDA registered and inspected laboratory with a DEA
Controlled Substance License (Class I-V). We lead the industry in
innovative approaches to chemical development and analysis. Our
goal is to provide the most comprehensive solid state analysis,
screening and selection. We offer contract research services that
can be characterized as "physical and analytical chemistry".
Why join us?
- Great Competitive Base Salary!
- Yearly Bonuses! Stock Options!
- Competitive PTO!
- 401K Match!
- Full Benefits!
Job Description The Team Leader - Analytical Chemistry will provide
technical and managerial leadership in the delivery of solid-state
analytical chemistry services supporting the development of small
molecules for pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, agricultural, and
other organic chemical industries. In addition, the role will
provide solid-state analytical chemistry testing services to
support patent prosecution and
- Provide leadership of the Analytical Chemistry team's function
including; API, intermediate and product characterizations by solid
state analytical techniques, method development and validation,
reproduction of prior art, routine testing.
- Monitors the workload vs. staffing and recommends action to
maintain productivity within acceptable limits.
- Provide effective leadership including selecting key personnel
and motivating members of the functional area; assisting with team
and corporate management; individual goal setting/performance
reviews; managing the development of employees, training and
development; supporting managers in team activities; supporting
workforce diversity, quality and safety training, and supporting
supervisors/managers in individual/department/business
- Provide technical expertise in the performance in the areas of
responsibility especially spectroscopy (RAMAN, IR, NMR).
- Possess a strong and current knowledge of SOP and laboratory
compliance and maintain strong SOP compliance in the activities of
the Analytical Chemistry function.
- Analyzes diverse analytical data and interprets the
- Provides comprehensive and well written reports, white papers,
and/or summaries for internal and external clients.
- Provide support for Triclinic Labs' business and strategic
- Identifies and implements opportunities for continual
improvement in the delivery of Analytical Chemistry Services.
- Proactively identify and address potential problems related to
the successful delivery of Analytical Chemistry services. Addresses
unanticipated issues and problems in an expedient, efficient and
Ph.D. degree in organic, analytical, or physical chemistry is
preferred but BS or MS or 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical
or related industry or an equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered. Experience in a pharmaceutical or
related chemical service industry is
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, managerial, and written
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of Analytical Chemistry as
related to the development and testing of pharmaceutical
- The ability to independently recognize opportunities and the
need for business and process improvements. This must be linked
with the ability to define and implement an optimal course of
action in response to their recognition.
- The ability to self motivate to a high level of
- Technical experience of 5 or more years working in a contract
research laboratory. At least 3 of these years must have been as a
supervisor in a service laboratory with a wide range of tests,
instrumentation and workload, and directing a major section of the
- Strong working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and
troubleshooting of the types of instruments and analytical systems,
manual and automated used in the laboratory.
- Strong working knowledge of the operation of computerized data
processing and laboratory information systems.
- The ability to organize and coordinate a variety of complex
tasks to achieve consistent and efficient production and delivery
of high-quality laboratory work.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Lafayette , Group Director - Analytical Chemistry, Executive , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!