Manufacturing Gear and Tool Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
This manufacturing engineer will be responsible for development of
gear cutting tooling, design and ordering gear cutting tools. This
position will also be responsible for verifying gear geometry and
sizing of all gears and splines. Will be responsible for monitoring
gear cutting processes during manufacture for size and
- Perform technical reviews for potential and awarded business
with customers and/or internal teams for feasibility and process
planning as a part of the APQP process
- Work with gear cutting tool vendors to verify correct cutter
- Request and design all parallel axis gear cutting tooling.
- Engage with Engineering staff to design and develop gear
- Position is required to lead, design and ensure implementation
of economical manufacturing strategies, to remain competitive in
the gear manufacturing and gear box assembly markets
- Lead cost reduction, throughput improvement in gear cutting
- Investigate scrap and rework resulting from gear machining
- Interact with factory personnel to solve process and tooling
related problems and to develop new parts and processes.
- Develop gear measurement tolerances and interact with gear
- Additional tasks as identified by Manufacturing Manager.
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing concepts and methods to
continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Proficiency in SAP, Solid Works Cad a plus.
- Experience with gear generation and development
- Experience with gear cutting tooling and development.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree Industrial Engineering preferred, Mechanical
Engineering Technology, related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience preferred in manufacturing of gears and experience
in metal working industry.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Lafayette , Manufacturing Gear and Tool Engineer, Engineering , Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!